Extreme Makeover!!!

Awhile ago Scotland and I decided to upgrade our master bedroom a little bit. We haven't done a single thing to it since the day we moved in 7 years ago!? When we heard my parents were getting rid of a entertainment center that my dad had once made my creative wheels started turning and I envisioned it in our room. The entertainment center was a 3 sectional piece and very well made. All three pieces have wheels on the bottom for easy moving. I just couldn't stand to see my parents bring it to the Good Will or even worse the dump!
I will first show you our room before the make over....This is so embarrassing for me and I can't believe I'm showing you these but I have to for you to appreciate the change?! Here it goes.....(I'm holding my breath)

Of course there has to be a basket of dirty clothes on my bed!?



And this is our dresser that was brought into the marriage by Scotland. It was hanging in there for 10 years and has seen better days.



Here's some pictures of the entertainment center that we sanded down and painted black... This process took the longest. DAYS! Longer than I expected but had to be done.




And here is the finished project...


The dresser you see right above was completely reconstructed by Scotland and my handy man dad. This unit had no drawers at all and I needed it to have drawers to put my clothes in that were in our last dresser. They made a spot for the TV to go on top, nice and sturdy. Then put in 4 HUGE and DEEP drawers! They did this in one day which is amazing. I absolutely love it. I love it not only because it was FREE and not only because it was originally made by my dad, but because our room so badly needed some attention. Now just a little paint on the walls and I will be content and satisfied with my room....for a while :)

7 comments:

Jill said...

Nicely done! Looks great...why is it the master bedroom is always the last room to get any attention?!

Nana Clark said...

How come my stuff looks better in your house.... Can I give you some more of my stuff to transform and then you could give them back????

kristenhcubed said...

Traci, everything you touch turns out amazing! Nice job to you and Scot and your dad. Very cool collaboration!

Nick and Meg said...

Wow, it looks great!!! Good job!

Jennifer said...

Love your bedroom makeover. It turned out beautiful!

The Halls said...

Wow! It turned out AMAZING!! I can't believe the difference it made in your room....probably makes it a nice place to hang out now! :)

Kati Howard said...

Wow! Traci, the before pictures might be bad, but they make it look that much better after! The entertainment looks great! You guys did such a great job. I love re-purposing things! Way to go!!